Don't Forget!

Check coupons.com, smartsource.com & redplum.com for legit printable coupons.


**NEW** Coupon Database to search for any coupon!




Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recipe to Make Your Own Wipes

BABY WIPES
Cut Bounty (reg. roll) in half and pull out cardboard.
In 1.4 liter cylinder container mix:
1 1/2 c. water
1 1/2 T. baby shampoo
3/4 T. baby oil

Push 1/2 roll in and put lid on. Turn upside down for 5 min. to saturate.

Tips:
**Do NOT try generic paper towels -- they make a MESS. Bounty is best.
**Only use Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo & oil. Do not use the "baby wash" or generic brands as the smell will not be very nice. I like my babies to smell like babies!

My sister bought these supplies for me when I was pregnant with MaryBeth (7 years ago). I have heard that Rubbermaid does not make this same size container any more so the recipe may need to be "tweaked" to adjust for larger containers & roll sizes.

I have a 1.4 liter (6 c.) cylinder Rubbermaid container & it fits only the regular size rolls of paper towels. There are "large" rolls of paper towels out there now that would fit a larger cylinder container, but I do not have all the specifics for those. I think Jenny Sauder does though (although maybe give her a few days before asking since she just had her newest baby last week). :0)

It is not hard to "tweak" the numbers yourself though either. The original recipe had much more round numbers (2 c. water, 1 T oil etc..), but I thought it was too wet, too soapy or whatever and adjusted the numbers down to make them the way I like them.

One price tip here: Shoot for less than $1/roll of the Bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment