Don't Forget!

Check coupons.com, smartsource.com & redplum.com for legit printable coupons.


**NEW** Coupon Database to search for any coupon!




Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm Back (sort of)

I knew it had been a while since I last posted, but I was surprised to see it has been 8 days!! Sorry if you were waiting for some great grocery news during that time.

I did hear about a 2-day cereal sale at Meijer that I didn't post because you had to have just the right coupons and I was not sure it was going to work anyway. I tried calling the store and the Customer Service lady was less than helpful.

So, we packed up all the kids & headed to Bloomington last Saturday to check it out -- and I feel guilty that it worked. We got 40 boxes of Kellogg's cereal and PopTarts for $9.00. Needless to say we won't be buying breakfast food for a while now.

So, now that I am stocked up on frozen pizza, cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, cereal & poptarts, and tons of veggies that we put up from our garden and our gracious neighbors I will be severely slowing down in the grocery shopping department for at least a month if not two. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I will still try to post any great deals I see (b/c I can't stop myself from looking even if I'm not buying) but they may be fewer than last month. I will still try to keep up with CVS since the ECBs expire if not used. Besides that, they are close to home so it doesn't usually involve a special trip anywhere.

My goal with this blog was to teach people by example how the "stock-up" method of grocery shopping works. Hopefully it has helped even if in just a small way. Every little bit helps these days! So even though I put in a few hours (or days) of coupon-clipping and shopping around over the summer it sure payed off finding those amazing deals, stocking up my pantry & freezer and now I can take a break for a little while! The shopping freeze may also be driven by my husband (saying enough is enough!), the pantry being quite full, the freezer being fuller, and the fact that I AM OUT OF INK!! meaning I can't print my coupons right now (sniff!). If anyone knows of a great deal on ink, feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment